Wednesday, October 06, 2004

The Return a.k.a. Возвращение

Seen it yesterday. My verdict - it's a good movie, high artistic quality but I wouldn't recommend it to pick it if you long for entertainment and relaxation.
It's a Russian movie and to me it was fun to watch at some moments as recognized little details that would be missed by a western viewer - (the mom tells the kids that their father was a pilot - this is a typical excuse that single moms give to their kids in Russia to explain their father's absense. Or the empty metal can they take with them when they go searching for worms for fishing - I would use exactly the same kind of can when I was a kid...)
But overall the movie is not specifically Russian and seems to belong nowhere, in place and time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home