Friday, October 01, 2004

Bush Kerry Debate - Part 1. Foreign policy

Despite being a political junkie (it's like a pundit without status :-)) I didn't watch them yesterday - we had a soccer game which we lost ignomiously :-) and by the time I got home I couldn't bring myself to watch it. Though I did see a couple of minutes of it and from the glimpse I got I'd agree with all the pundits:
Bush was stumbling...
Actually the moment to which I tuned in was this
(thanks to this online transcript):

LEHRER: New question, Mr. President. Two minutes.
What about Senator Kerry's point, the comparison he drew between the priorities of going after Osama bin Laden and going after Saddam Hussein?

BUSH: Jim, we've got the capability of doing both.
As a matter of fact, this is a global effort.
We're facing
[here Bush made a long, long pause like a kid trying to remember the story he had memorized] a group of folks who have such hatred in their heart, they'll strike anywhere, with any means.

Oh my God, "a group of folks" - as if he was talking about a community bbq or something!!!

Very dissappoiting.
Though from I can infer from other bloggers' accounts Kerry's position has not become more appealing or reasonable - let the other nations decide U.S. foreign policy - that's what he's been basically saying.
A good summary of the debate can be found
here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home