Tuesday, July 26, 2005

the burning feeling of entitlement

BBC reports:
"I believe it's valid even if it's against the law of the Church, because it is an unjust law,"
says Regina Nicolosi, one of the
Nine Roman Catholic women have been unofficially ordained as priests and deacons in North America, risking excommunication by the Vatican.

I've been just listening to one of those women on the radio and I heard her arguying that ordaining female priests would have to combat violence against women.

So it's the 'unjust law'. I don't want to dwell much on the matter itself for it should be clear to anyone that a private institution has the right to create its own rules, no matter how unjust or ridiculous they might appear to an outsider. But what I see here is the manifestation of the profound trend in our society which I called the sense of entitlement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home