Monday, March 14, 2005

Russian feminism: what women want

Due to absolute impracticality of such posts, long time ago I set up a rule for myself - not to post anything that has no English translation available (at least my own). But this one is just... I don't know what to make of it:
she entitled it as follows:
"you ask, we answer. A response to the untactful question "if she is
so cool, why isn't she married yet."

Short summary:

Short summary:
- many successful women are not married due to the absense of the 'real man' in their lives.
- The real man is characterized by ... followed is a long list of things... most of which have do with material goods:
he should pay for -, included but not limited to,- shoes, apartment renovations, trips to Europe, lingerie, flowers, dinners at restaurants etc. etc. etc. etc.
- the meticulous calculations have yeldied the precise result:
the RM has to earn no less than 3 730 USD per month (to live with
his woman in Moscow).

The funniest thing of all is that she calls herself a feminist :-)

P.S. there has been about 1000 comments on the manifesto of that wholesale whore so far. Impressive, eh?

3 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Blogger Oleksa said...

That post got >1000 comments because 3xxx bucks are beyond most "Real Men" incomes here.

I am of course fully aware of that though I would say that in Moscow it's a conceivable amount of money.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Oleksa said...

I've reread your post. How comes you call her a feminist? Did she say so in her LJ in the past?

Unfortunately, her post is no longer available without authorized access.
As far as I remember, she said something like " some people would call me a feminist, but I don't care" -
the fact that she would think that counting how money a man should earn to become eligible for her body is an interesting interpretation what feminism is all about.

I presume you read in Russian , then check out this post
http://www.livejournal.com/users/olshansky/701389.html
I pretty much agree with what
this guy's conclusions.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Oleksa said...

Oh, yeah, I forgot to answer this
Ilya, how the sum for Canada?

Well, I don't think most Canadian women, to their credit, think in those terms.
But I can tell ya, 50,000 a year CAD (and that's the sum she's asking for) is not such a big income. An experienced teacher earns that much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home