Wednesday, December 08, 2004

TA tales

as a Teaching assitant (TA) I've been marking students' papers for four years and this is my fifth year of doing so.
Profs don't want to do it for they find this job dreary. Well, if you've been teaching the same course for many years...
But I find it appealing not just because I haven't got enought of it just yet.
To me it's an excellent opportunity to get a glimpse into the young minds, a precious socio-cultural experience.
Their writings skills are sometimes atrocious. The modern canadian school is in the bussiness of teaching how to express your feelings rather than to put down their thoughts on paper.
But even though it's often poorly written is the peculiarity of the badness itself that is so interesting.

to be contiuned with examples

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home