Friday, January 13, 2006

You call it 'Global warming'? - I'm not making it up

While Edmonton is enjoying one of the warmest winters in a long time, certainly the warmest since I came here, the Russian city of Surgut has been hit by a harsh, freezing to death, cold snap. The link is in Russian but here's what caught my attention:
On January 12, 2006 11 a.m. the temperature was -51.1.

It's been cold all over Siberia, which it should be, but I chose Surgut coz I've been there and now what's like - a truly frightening city when it comes to weather.
Yet, Edmonton ain't the Bahamas either, at least until recently and having been enjoying this warm weather I can't help but recall a Russian proverb which can be roughly translated as follows:
if it's empty over here, it must be full over there....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home