Monday, June 19, 2006

Ukraine - Saudi Arabia: a total comeback

4:0
That's the score of the game in which Ukraine trounced Saudi Arabia thereby redeeming themselves for the identical loss to Spain.
I'm happy as everyone else in Ukraine and the diaspora but the skeptic and cynic in me urges to come down and take it easy.
From what I've seen so far, Saudi Arabia is THE worst team of the tournament. Zero skill, louse defence, impotent offense. How come they mananaged to get a tie against Tunisia? I have no idea.
The game was a slow paced one which differed it markedly for other games. Ukraine scored some nice goals but again there is still much to be desired in terms of qualityn of their play.
I was very happy that Serhiy Rebrov scored a long-shot. After all, my team Ukraine shirt bears his name :-)

Anyways,
Вперед, Україно!

P.S. If you can read Russian here's a funny online commentary from RTR-Sport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home